Saturday, June 27, 2009

Show #2

We played the second show today in San Francisco. It was 100 times better than yesterday's show, we played a lot tighter, had very few sound issues, and most of all started actually playing like a band. I'm pretty excited for tomorrow's show.

I woke up and helped load some of the merch stuff to our booth, then tried to figure out how/where i could take a shower. It turned out no one knew (not even the tour manager), so I wondered around and snuck into the Marriot hotel and did a quick shampoo and face wash, and wipe down in the lobby restroom haha. I felt like a homeless person wondering around, I definitely am blessed I don't have to do that everyday.

After the show, we found out they were taking shuttles of people every hour to take showers at the Marriot so I got to finally take a real one. I ended up meeting 2 guys from the White Tie Affair, who were really cool. Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow to check out their set.

We're on our way to Ventura, CA for the show tomorrow, then have the day off in Phoenix on Monday and play their Tuesday. I really love touring. I'm able to suck up the close corners, hot sun, and everything but not being able to take a shower everyday lol. I seriously do not know how normal people can actually go days without showering. I'm sure by next week I'll be used to the every other day thing.


No comments: