Monday, June 29, 2009

Ventura show

The Ventura show went really well yesterday. We played great and the crowd kept growing. The sun was shining so bright that I could barely see the lights on my pedals, so after each song I had to kneel down and make sure each pedal was on the right bank haha.

Fernando's (the drummer) girlfriend came and took me, him, and Bryan (the bass player) back to Hollywood for a few hours. I ended up surprising Donald Barjas at his CD release show for his band Your Very Own, and had the pleasure to jump on stage and sing his song "Jubilee" with him.  It was really great to see a lot of my friends again to before August. 

Your Very Own's EP "Do I Have Your Attention?" will be out on iTunes soon (I actually engineered the EP). You can check out his music at www.myspace.com/yourveryownmusic.

Today's our day off, I woke up and we were still in Ventura. I thought we were heading to Phoenix last night, but I guess not lol. There's talk of going to the beach for a few hours today, I really hope we do. I've been writing so much this trip, I have so many song ideas. I did bring some recording gear, so I'm hoping to go in the back later today and demo a few things.



No comments: